Friday, January 20, 2012

Workout Accountability

We woke up early today as we fell asleep before 10pm!! It's weird being a morning person after living my life 3rd shift for so long. All of my adult life in fact. After we fooled around he asked if I thought we should work out. Of course we should! I wasn't tired since we got such a good nights sleep and getting back on track with working out is a goal of mine.

It really is a big difference going from working out five days a week to not at all. I think it has had a significant impact on my brain chemistry and therefore mood. Making such drastic changes in all other areas of my life I really made a mistake not maintaining the workouts but here I am, looking for accountability to get back on track. Not to dwell on the things I cannot change (my past choices) as today I can, and did, make a good decision.

After watching the news we got geared up and walked to the gym made available to our apartment complex. I spent 15 minutes doing intervals on the treadmill then a 5 minute cool down (177 calories) and then I spent 15 minutes on the elliptical (123 calories). I am sad that I am not at the stamina I used to be with running but I know if I work hard I'll get back to it. I still would like to run a 5k or five this year (I did three last year!) but I'll have to work hard to get back in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment